zxy1367 发表于 2011-8-4 12:20:42

021the olympics奥运会

A:He is a Olympic teams member.He beat the national record by 0.1 of a second.

B:That’s great!He’s the best runner I’ve seen this season.I’m sure he will win the medal at the Olympics.

A:I think you are right.I think we have a very good athletics team.They should do well in the Olympics.How many medals do you think will win?

B:I really don’t know.I don’t think we’ll win many gold medals,but I think we should win several silver and bronze ones.

A:What do you think our chances are in the events?

B:In the last Olympics,we did very well in swimming,cycling and ball sports.I think we’ll do well in the those same events.

A:We might get a gold medal in the sailing too.Our team has put in a lot of practice.

B:I think we can expect to get between 30 and 40 medals in total.

A:You are very optimistic!

Intermediate:

A:Aren’t you intersted in watching the Olympics?There have been some excellent performances by athletes from all over the world.

B:I just don’t find it very interesting.

A:I think it’s wonderful to see people from all over the world taking part in such a great event.

B:I think that for a lot of people.It’s just a way to try and show their country is better than other countries.

A:I think the Olympics help to promote world peace.

B:I’m not sure about that.We still have many wars in the world.I think that the idea behind the Olympics is a good one,but the reality is that during the Olympics,countries compete.There’s no real spirit of cooperation and people are usually not very friendly to each other.

A:You are so pessimistic!The Olympics is a great opportunity for athletes to demonstrate their speed,skill,agility and strength.Most people hope to see someone from their country win,but I think that they are just happy to see good performances by any athlete.

B:Well,I think that the most amazing performances are by athletes who participate in the Paralympics.

A:Now there we are in agreement.

http://bbs.ieltschn.com/xwb/images/bgimg/icon_logo.png 该贴已经同步到 zxy1367的微博

心墨笔落 发表于 2011-8-4 16:56:41

Long time no see you my lovely girl . The Olympic games are holding on London . But I did not feel exciting.Because too many roadwork!
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 021the olympics奥运会