打印 上一主题 下一主题

036history历史

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
zxy1367 发表于 2011-8-19 06:47:44 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
036 HISTORY

Words
Period century age era colony (civil)war invasion treaty prehistoric evidence ancient ancestor empire leader discover(y) revolution emperor primitive artifact archaeology origin
Monument/memorial

Phrases
Study a period of history
Historical figure
Historical records
Historic event

Beginner
A; are you interested in history?
B: yes, I am. I enjoyed studying it at school, though I had trouble remembering all the dates, so my teacher never gave me good marks.
A: I love history, but I’ve always thought that learning the reasons behind events is more important than remembering exactly when they happened.
B; I wish you had been my history teacher! I might have got better marks!
A; some people say that history repeats itself.
B; what does that mean? The same events never happen twice, do they?
A: the idea is that the people and dates change, but the reason why things happen stay the same.
B: I see . I think I’d agree with that statement. People often seem to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Intermediate
A; London is such a historic city! There’s history everywhere you look. There’s nelson’s column, built as a monument to one of the Britain’s great admirals and his important victory. He won the battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
B: I’m looking forward to seeing Westminster abbey, where many historic figures are buried, like Isaac Newton, the great mathematician and Winston Churchill, the great wartime leader.
A: nearby, on the banks of the thames, there’s the statue of Boudicea. She fought the Romans when they invaded Britain.
B: women have often played an important role in british history. Queen Elizabeth I built a navy strong enough to fight off the Spanish armada in 1588. more recently, Margaret thatcher transformed british society in the 1980’s.
A: she was a very controversial leader. Are we going to visit the famous tower of London later?
B: there’s a lot to see there. Perhaps we should go tomorrow.
A: I’m looking forward to seeing the famous castle and prison. Many historic figures were imprisoned there in the past. I really want to see the crown jewels too.
B: I’ve seen them before. They’re quite incredible. If you want to see historical figures in London , there’s one place you have to go.
A; where’s that? On, I know! Madame tussaud’s the waxworks museum.
B: there you can see british leaders, entertainers, crimicals, and royalty.
A: sometimes, it’s hard to know who belongs in each section of the museum!

该贴已经同步到 zxy1367的微博
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享分享 分享淘帖 我顶我顶 我踩我踩
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 点击注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部