查看: 2063|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

时尚英语话题11章

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
zxy1367 发表于 2011-4-13 04:05:02 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
11 Writing: Just a letter

In the modern age, you can communicate in so many ways: text messaging, e-mailing, faxing, calling, but there is something about snail mail that is special. When was the last time you received a letter from someone? I mean a card with more than one or two lines written on it. There are even cards you can buy that are pre-made. They are already full of writing. All you need to do is fill in the "to" and the "from" spots. I recently made a card for my dad. His birthday is coming up. Every once in a while taking the time to write in your own handwriting showing that you care is nice. Making the card for my dad was good for me. It made me feel like I was back in elementary school. I put some stickers on it, I colored some parts, and of course, I wrote how good I am that he's my dad. I got so used to typing that it's hard to write well now. I have to write slowly or else my handwriting is really messy. Well, if you get a chance to write to someone, and you have a little extra time, I suggest that you actually write a card. You don't have to make one, but doing it the old-fashional way can be refreshing. Snail mail is slower in arriving, but it's worth the wait.

Talk about it:

Do you still use snail mail? How do you usually communicate with people? What is your preferred method of communication? How often do you send people letters? When was the last time you wrote a letter? Do you have neat hand-writing? Do you prefer writing or typing? How do you feel when you receive a letter? How often do you check your e-mail inbox?

该贴已经同步到 zxy1367的微博
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享分享 分享淘帖 我顶我顶 我踩我踩
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
心墨笔落 发表于 2011-4-13 15:40:32 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 心墨笔落 于 2011-4-13 15:42 编辑

I'm nearly everyday write the text for my friends and family.Today I want put a text of invitation that it is I sent to my teacher last weekend. We wanted to invite her join our lovely picnic.
Dear Sarah,I'm ****.We will picnic in Hyde Park this afternoon,and everybody is your lovely student. o(^_^)o We will bring some traditional food of different countries for the picnic.
We'd be very happy and excited if you could join us.I think that would be a perfectly wonderful day ,if you'd like to come.We have agreed to meet in Hyde Park corner Bus station .(the station's direction is the side of from South Kensington to Hyde Park)The time is 1pm this afternoon.
Looking forward to your coming.(^_^)
可能有语法错误恳求大家指正,我的老师说这个信息还是非常礼貌的,只是个小例子。(^ ^)虚心听从意见!大家帮我改错哦,无比感激!

评分

参与人数 1金币 +40 收起 理由
zxy1367 + 40 精品文章,补发分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 点击注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部