注册 登录
查看: 70696|回复: 136
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[综合资料]大作文指南--5步避免词汇出错

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
IELTS哥 发表于 2012-8-17 08:23:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
选词对作文来说是个大问题!有时并不是词汇越多越好,越高深越好~能在适当的地方选用最恰当的词,并且合乎语法规则才有可能造就一篇好文章。下面为大家提出一个5步法,来减少或避免写作中的选词问题~~

A 5 step procedure to avoid mistakes with IELTS vocabulary
五步避免词汇错误

This lesson is about how to choose the right vocabulary in an IELTS essay. You will find 5 tips on how to avoid mistakes in the essay writing process.I also try and show you a way to combine these 5 tips into one step-by -step procedure. Master that and you are on your way. That does not mean your vocabulary will be perfect, it just means you will make fewer mistakes. What you also need to do is improve your vocabulary knowledge, so I point you in the direction of 4 places on the internet that can help you do just that.
这篇文章教大家在雅思写作中如何选择正确的词汇,通过5步避免词汇错误!不过这并不意味着你的词汇就完美了,不过烤鸭们可以少犯一些错误,因此最后还在下面为提供4个网址,让你能够进一步改善自己的词汇。

Tip 1 – listen to your language ear 凭语感!
Can you as a learner see your own mistakes? Maybe not. Somehow you need to find a way to do this though. It may be simpler than you think. Here is an idea that often works: listen to your language ear. What this means is you ask yourself the question:很多人觉得看自己的作文看不出有什么错,可事实上错了一大堆~其实可以把作文读出来,用语感来判断:

• Does this sound right to me? or 听起来对吗?

• Am I certain this is right? 我确定这是对的吗?
You don’t have know why something is wrong but very often you can just feel it is wrong. That’s enough. This works for lots of my students. If you can do this, you are half way there. I have a very simple suggestion if you can’t answer “yes” to the questions above, 这里你不用解释为什么,只要有种感觉:这里可能不对,就够了~如果你感觉到不对劲,那么:

• you don’t write the word down or 不用把它写下来,或者
  • you cross it out. 直接划掉

Tip 2 – know the risk/reward ratio
You may want to take some risks though with your vocabulary and try and use some advanced words – particularly if you are aiming at 7.0 and over. You do get rewarded if you use more advanced vocabulary and show you have range. The problem is the more advanced vocabulary you use, the more likely you are to make mistakes. It is quite possible to recognise  a word’s meaning and not be able to use it properly. 如果你想拿到7分或7分以上,那可能会想冒个险,试着使用一些比较高级的词汇~如果使用高级词汇的确会有一定好处,也能展现自己的水平,但是使用越高级的词汇,却果只知道这个词的意思而不能正确使用,就很可能犯错误!

What you need to do is balance the risk of making mistakes against the reward of getting it right. I would suggest that it is often better to be “safe” and not try and use complex words – not to take too many risks. English can be quite a simple language and the best native English writers use relatively simple language themselves. This means that the procedure is now:
因此考生要做的就是权衡犯错的风险和用对了的好处。这里建议大家用一些“安全”的词比尝试使用复杂的词更好,不会有太大风险。英语其实可以很简单,最好的英语作家可能反倒会使用一些相对简单的语言。具体有以下几个步骤:

• if you are fairly certain that the phrase is wrong, you don’t use it  (listen to your language ear) 如果你确定那个短语是错的,那就不要用。

2.   if you think it could be right, you have to decide whether the risk is worth the reward. If the risk looks good, you use it.  if not you try something else. (the risk/reward ratio) 如果你觉得用这个词可能是对的,那就要权衡利弊咯!如果风险不大,那就用;如果很不确定的话,那就用其他的词~

Tip 3 – just repeat a word 重复一个词!
The next step is to find a way of saying your wrong phrase in another way if the risk doesn’t look good. One obvious way to do this is simply to repeat a word you have already used. I can tell you that sometimes this is quite acceptable and even necessary. Here’s how:
在写作中烤鸭们会想体现自己词汇的丰富而选择用不用的词,但是如果用起来可能会犯错、有风险,那宁愿用自己之前用过的、确定是正确的词语,而且有时这种重复是可以接受的、而且是必要的,比如:

• we don’t really have another word for “career” in English so of course you can use it again 在英语中没有“career”的同义词,那只能用它了

• you can repeat words from the question, you can’t repeat whole phrases from it 可以重复问题里面的某些词语,但是不要重复整个短语

Tip 4 – don’t think words, think phrases 不要想词语,而是要想短语!
If you don’t want to repeat a word, there is another solution. It may be that there is no one word that we can use instead of “career’ but there may be a whole phrase – or group of words – we can use. You want an example? Try this:
如果相避免词语重复,还有一个解决方法!如果找不到代替的词语,可以用短语来替代,例子如下:

“Planning the evolution of our what we are going to do in our professional lives”

It is much much better to use the phrase “what we are going to do” instead of “evolution”. The phrase uses simple words but is in fact quite idiomatic, whereas “evolution” is simply wrong here. You may be surprised at how your English improves once you start to try and think of phrases/groups of words and not individual words by themselves.
在这个句子中,用“what we are going to do” 来替换 “evolution”就好多了,虽然这个短语里的词相对简单,但是却比较符合语言习惯,而“evolution”用在这里其实是错的!其实积累一些短语而不是单独的词能有助于提高英语哦!

Tip 5 – write about things you know how to write about 写你自己知道如何写的东西
This one is slightly different. All I’m going to say is that many candidates make the mistake of trying to be clever in IELTS and use their very best arguments. The way this works is:
这一点比较不一样。有些考生想在考试中耍小聪明、用一些不一样的观点,不过:

1. a problem with clever arguments is that they are often complex arguments 如果用聪明一点的论点,这个论点往往会很复杂

2. complex arguments are often hard to describe 复杂的观点通常很难描述

3. the result is more language errors 会导致犯更多的语言错误

You see the point? Remember that this is a language test. The examiners are testing your English, not your IQ.其实烤鸭们应该记住,这是一个语言测试,而不是智力测试。

If you remember that, you may be surprised once more at how your essays improve. The message here is to not try and write about things that you cannot put clearly. Find another argument/reason/example.
如果能够记住这些东西,会发现自己的作为有很多大高!提醒大家,不要写一些自己写不清楚的东西,如果是写不清楚,还不如换一个论点、原因或者是例子。

4 places to learn more vocabulary 4个让你词汇提高的网站
The best way to avoid making mistakes is of course to learn some more language. Here are 4 nice places you can look online for vocabulary. They all offer something a bit different. Variety is good.

Gapfillers:sign up for free and you get an idiom a day. It may not seem much but idioms are best taken in small doses. If you haven’t signed up, this week you have missed so far:

• jump the gun
  • go overboard
  • call the shots

BBC words in the newsYou can listen to a text, read it or even do both at the same time. Then they show you the really important words in it. They have a massive archive of material.

Flo JoeThis one gives you daily exercises with the difference that it teaches you about the grammar of those words.

Laufer and NationThis site is for those who like to test themselves. That too can be a way of learning. They have lots of tests that show you your level.

评分

参与人数 1金币 +1 收起 理由
有痣青年 + 1 看到这么好的贴我就想猛顶!

查看全部评分

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏7 转播转播 分享分享 分享淘帖 我顶我顶1 我踩我踩1
回复

使用道具 举报

推荐
sq00801 发表于 2012-12-18 04:50:31 | 只看该作者
有道理
回复 支持 0 反对 1